What does it look like to return to the Lord with all your heart?
In this passage from Joel 2:12-17, the context is that God had sent a great famine on the people of Israel, and they were in perilous conditions. And in that context, God, in His mercy, sends His prophet with one word: Repent!
This passage teaches us what it looks like to repent and turn to the Lord.
- The nature of true repentance (vv. 12-13a)
- The incentive for repentance (v. 13b)
- The submissiveness of repentance (v. 14)
- The urgency of repentance (vv. 15-17a)
- The reason for repentance (v. 17b)