Hello, Children’s Chorus Parents!
We’re having a great time meeting each week and singing together. It has been such a blessing to me and our team to get to know each one of our choir members and we are looking forward to the year ahead.
There are a couple of things coming up that I wanted to remind you of.
- We have a webpage just for you! Our parent page contains a wealth of information including schedules, all of our communications and links to songs. If asked for a password, enter sing (all lowercase). Make sure you bookmark the page so you can return easily for anything you need.
- The downloadable song links to our Christmas Musical are now available. There are a few CD copies of the songs available for a $10 deposit. Please reply to this email if you would like a physical CD copy of the songs to listen to. All of the music is under copyright and should not be shared with anyone.
- We are going to be casting the musical tomorrow and we will be delivering parts to everyone. A few things to note about the process:
- Only children in grades 3-5 are eligible for a role with spoken lines. We often give the larger roles to those in 4th and 5th grade because they usually have more experience in the choir and they have more capacity for the extra rehearsals and work required to take on a larger role.
- We will not be posting a cast list this year as we have in the past. Instead, we will hand out a card to each member in 3rd-5th grade with their name and the name of a character or role they will play. We will need to do this at the end of Awana, so we apologize for an anticipated delay in departure and we will be sure to send an email to any families who do not attend Awana.
- All choir members in 1st & 2nd grade are assigned to be townspeople in Bethlehem, they will also be an animal in the barnyard choir (definitely something to look forward to, wink). We will tell them this information during our rehearsal next Wednesday, October 4.
That is all for now. I will have information about costumes and other reminders as we go along these next few months. Also, If you know of a family who is not receiving my emails, please have them reach out to me! We want to make sure everyone is staying connected.
Don’t forget to visit the parent page and we will see you all very soon!