Hello Chorus Parents! This is a bit of a longer email. Thanks for bearing with me!
We will rehearse outside on the roof deck this Wednesday, September 29, so please make sure your child has a jacket as it gets chilly right about 6:15. Please use the kiosks on the second floor to check in and print a name tag and then come to the 4th floor for to check in with our team. Make sure you check in for both choir AND Awana if your child is participating in both.
A couple of things to keep in mind in the coming weeks:
- The Musical Listening CD’s are here! They will be available for the next couple weeks! Please check out one per family. We ask for a deposit of $10, which will be returned to you when you turn in the CD in December or January. If you don’t happen to have $10 with you, we will still get you a CD and just note that you still owe the deposit. We want everyone to be able to get started listening!
- If you would like to receive a link to the downloadable tracks, you can visito our listening links button on the Christmas Musical webpage (password is sing).
- We have been auditioning children in grades 3-5 for the larger speaking and singing roles in this year’s musical. Though we are thinking about the musical, the audition is a time where I get to hear each child sing and read for the purpose of knowing them better and addressing the needs of the choir. So, if your child does NOT want a part in the musical that is totally fine! I will ask during the audition, make a note of it, and they will still participate in the audition.
- To be prepared for the musical, those with speaking roles will need to attend extra and/or extended Sunday rehearsals. You can find a schedule of those rehearsals on the Christmas musical page. Please make sure you can commit to the extra rehearsals if your child is assigned a speaking role.
- A final important thing to note is that it will be a part of the morning service on Sunday, December 19. It is a little earlier this year but may still run into some Christmas break plans. Please make sure you know whether you will be in town so we can make the appropriate cast assignments. If you already know it won’t work for your family’s schedule, please let me know!
- Our parent handbook has a ton of valuable information and if you have a question, it’s likely you’ll find the answer inside. Handbooks are available at the welcome table this week or you will find a link to view and download a copy on the bottom of the parent page.
Thank you so much for your encouragement and support. It is a true joy for me to sing with your kids each week!