Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. (1 Thessalonians 5:18)
We need Thanksgiving more than we realize. In tough times—like those we’ve been through in these past years, and still continue to face in many ways—it does our heart good to pause and remember how good our God is to us. Gratitude helps us break away from the frantic pace of life’s demands, the intrusiveness of our regrets, and the striving of our future aims, and for a moment remember that God is good. His love is real. His presence is precious. His generosity is everywhere. Let’s resolve to take a few minutes of focused prayer this week giving thanks to our God from whom all blessings flow!
Perhaps these questions will spark our thinking:
- What do I have that He has not given me?
- Where have I experienced His kindness this past year?
- How has He protected me when I didn’t even know He was?
- Who has shown me His love and grace afresh this year?
- Which of His gifts do I so often take for granted?
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever. (Psalm 136:1)
Remember, you are loved, more than you know!