I want to give a shoutout to our amazing Deaconesses here at The Moody Church! These 22 ladies serve each one of us in the body of Christ by assisting our Elders, Pastors, Directors, and Communities in the areas of prayer, encouragement, and support. Here’s just a glimpse of some of the ways they serve behind the scenes:
- Oversee the Prayer Hotline, pray for Connect Card requests, and pray through our weekly prayer bulletin.
- Assist Communities by sending flowers as requested
- Contact and encourage church missionaries
- Send encouragement to the Servant of the Week
- Minister to church families who are part of the military
- Assist pastoral staff with funerals and Care Ministry needs
- Advise Communities on how to coordinate meal trains
- Administrate the Back to School and Christmas projects for Communities
- Assist with Senior Breakfast
- Assist church staff with weddings
- Provide a lunch for Summer Blast volunteers
- Assist with the Global Outreach Committee events
I’m so grateful for our Deaconesses and want to express my thanks to them and to Laura Rawden and Sharon Feil for their leadership of this team. Would you pause for a moment this week to thank one or more of them for their faithful service?
Let’s remind them that they are loved, more than they know!