You never know what God might do through a simple invitation!
I love how Philip, one of Jesus’ first disciples, responded to the skeptical Nathaniel, who wondered if there was anything at all to this Jesus. Philip simply invited him to “Come and see” (John 1:46). I love that. It’s the power of a simple invitation!
This Christmas season we have a number of amazing opportunities to “Be the Church” and invite people who are far from Jesus but near to us to “Come and see!” Would you join me in praying about who you will invite this year? Time’s moving quickly, so we need to get those invites out soon! And who knows? They might just show up and hear the good news of great joy that shall be for all people, and we’ll get to celebrate the joy of yet another changed life in Jesus.
Here are some great opportunities to invite friends and family:
- The Women’s Christmas Luncheon will be on Saturday December 11. You’ll enjoy delicious food, lovely music, and a clear presentation of the gospel.
- Our 50th Annual Christmas Concert is coming up next Sunday, December 12. This festive evening is filled with favorite carols performed by our choirs and orchestra.
- The Children’s Chorus will present their Christmas Program, It All Happened in the Country, during the morning service on Sunday December 19.
- The online premiere of the Christmas Concert will be Sunday December 19. Why not host a watch party and invite your friends and neighbors?
- Finally, our Christmas Eve Candlelight Service will be Friday December 24. You’ll love this simple, contemplative service.
Let’s pray and send those invitations now. Remember: You never know what God might do through a simple invitation!