Hello, Children’s Chorus Parents.
I hope you are doing well! We were scheduled to sing in the morning service this Sunday, and though we won’t be able to sing as a choir, we’ve thought of a way to still include the kids in the service. It requires a little bit of video help from you guys, but if you’re up for it we think it will be so great to have the kids involved in this way!
The kids are used to waving their palm branches and shouting together “Hosanna to the Son of David. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord. Hosanna in the Highest!” We would love to have you record the kids doing this in your home and we will put all the videos together to show them at the same time during the service. 🙂 If you are a bit skeptical just follow the instructions below and I promise it will be easy.
First, I know that this is short notice, but we really need to have the recordings by Wednesday at 10am. I know you have a lot on your plates right now but I hope this might be something quick and fun!
- Make a palm branch. Here are a couple of YouTube videos and. Feel free to go all out or just make something simple. If you don’t have time to make the palm branch you can skip it.
- Check out the demonstration and conducted videos via Google Drive https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HfOFk4tcvXm2vETVURfq8gaZQfrI2byK
- Have your kids watch the demonstration video that gives instructions and allows them to practice.
- Have your kids watch the conducted video a few times to practice the tempo of the recitation. It’s important that they follow along with me so that the videos can all be put together effectively.
- Record your child (each one separately if you have more than one) waving their branch and saying the phrase while watching me conduct. Hopefully, you have more than one device to have your child watch the video of me on the computer/TV/iPad behind you and they stand facing you to watch it. Make sure to mute the sound of my video while you are recording.
- Email or share the video with me in some way using firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some other things to think about:
- Please make sure you record the video in a landscape view. That means the phone or device should be longer from side to side not top to bottom.
- Have the kids wear something nice and neutral. It doesn’t have to be what they would wear to church but maybe stay away from pajamas 😉.
- Think about the background. You don’t have to create something special, just make sure you’re comfortable with what is seen behind your child while you are recording.
- When you record, chose a spot inside (not outside) about 6 feet away from your child (not 3 feet or 10 feet).
- If you don’t have 2 devices or a way for the kids to watch my video behind you while you record, just have them practice with my conducted video a good number of times so they have the tempo of the recitation memorized and then record it.
That’s all! Please let me know if you have any questions and again, I know it’s a quick turnaround but please submit the videos by 10 am on Wednesday morning.
Thanks for your extra work on this – I’m looking forward to it!