The Moody Church Online
In light the COVID-19 guidelines, we’ve adapted by moving all of our services and gatherings online. We know that this can be a confusing time for many, so below you’ll find the latest information on how our church is continuing to serve our congregation and our city with the gospel of Jesus Christ. We will seek to keep the congregation updated throughout this process and as things change.
This past summer, our Elders began developing a four-phase reopening plan. Phase 1 planned for small group studies. Phase 2 allows some of our Communities to meet at the church. Phase 3 will open our worship services in line with capacity limits. Phase 4 will be a complete reopening and return to normalcy. In July we began to implement Phase 2, while continually evaluating our safety protocols and the city’s guidelines for capacity.
Our Elders continue to prayerfully consider the most appropriate time for us to reopen. For the latest communication about reopening from January 10, watch the video below from Pastor Philip.
Although we can’t be together physically, we can still worship the Lord together remotely.
- Live Q&A following the morning service is available at 11:30am on our Live Stream page and on Facebook Live. These sessions are archived in a Facebook playlist for playback.
Wednesday Prayer Meeting (6PM) is held virtually. To participate, connect using a method below:
- Zoom Meeting: visit our Prayer Meeting webpage to pre-register for the access link.
- Audio only: Dial 312.626.6799 at 6pm; use webinar ID #978-8309-4684
- Audio & video: go to our YouTube channel at 6pm to find the live video
- Email prayer requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: for those without internet/computer access, we offer a dial-in audio option during our Sunday morning service. To connect, dial 312.626.6799 and use webinar ID #998-7407-5287.
Many of our Ministries, Communities (adult Sunday Schools), and Youth Groups have transitioned to an online environment throughout the week.
Need guidance? Our church pastors are available by appointment for online and dial-in counseling sessions throughout the week. You can schedule a session by calling the church office or by emailing the pastor directly. We have also set aside an hour each day when no appointment is needed (Monday at 4pm, Tuesday – Friday at 2pm).
To speak to the Pastor of the Day during that hour, please call the church office at 312-327-8600.
If you’d prefer to contact us by email, please fill out the Connect Card by clicking here.
As we move our worship services and ministries to an online environment, many have asked how they can continue to give during this time. There are a few options:
- Give Online: Go to our Giving page to give a one-time gift or set up a recurring gift.
- Text-to-Give: text MOODY $XXX (desired amount) to 73256 and then follow the instructions.
- Mail: send your offering by mail to 1635 N LaSalle Blvd, Chicago IL, 60614.
Thank you in advance for your generosity! It’s because of your giving that we’re able to serve our congregation and our city during this time.
This fund assists our church family with emergency housing, food, clothing, and medical needs. Give to the fund on Communion Sundays and/or designate “fellowship fund” on your offering. Help-worthy situations may be brought to the Fellowship Committee via Pastor Larry McCarthy. Please call the church office at 312-327-8600 or fill out the Connect Card by clicking here.
At this time, the Elders believe the appropriate response of our church is to continue to abide by the governing authorities’ directives regarding not meeting together physically in our church building. However, we will continue to monitor these and all revised directives in the future and respond to them as we believe is biblically appropriate.
- Sundays: the church is closed to the general congregation except for essential staff required to produce the worship services.
- Weekdays: the church office is open 8:30am to 5pm, but all ministry programming is held online and not in the building. A small staff is onsite to maintain operations. A pastor is onsite each day to handle counseling; all other pastors are available electronically. Non-essential staff are working remotely.
- Saturdays: the church is closed.
Featured Online Church Resources
TMC News is the weekly newsletter of The Moody Church. Signing up is the best way to stay up-to-date on key events at The Moody Church, including time sensitive service or ministry updates. Our updates will help you stay connected and engaged with your church family, especially during this time when we are apart.
Moody Church Media is home to over three decades of Pastor Lutzer’s teaching, and we have an even longer history of sharing the good news of Jesus Christ. Our founder, D.L. Moody, had a passion to share the Gospel with everyone, everywhere—to the very ends of the Earth—a mantle we carry today. Within our website you will find teaching and resources that will enable you to go deeper in your walk with Christ today. And as you dig through our archives, you’ll find materials from our rich history—from former senior pastors like Harry A. Ironside, Alan Redpath and of course, D.L. Moody (just to name a few). Here is your all-in-one stop to find countless resources to deepen your faith.
Right Now Media is an online streaming service offering over over 20,000 Christian Bible studies, conferences, training, and children’s programs from the leading voices in Christian teaching. You can watch Right Now Media on any electronic device, and you can even download the app to watch on your home TV (using Apple TV and Roku) or mobile devices (Apple iOS and Android). And The Moody Church provides this to you for FREE.