We continue to do what we can to encourage and connect with each other even while we are unable to meet together. We want you to be aware that The Moody Church is not on pause, but on mission. We are actively ministering throughout this time. To do so effectively and safely throughout the pandemic, we are transitioning our operations to the following schedule:
- On Sundays the church is closed to the general congregation except for essential staff required to produce the services. Our morning and evening services are live streamed and available on YouTube and Facebook Live.
- During the week, the church office is open (8:30am to 5pm), but all programming at the church is cancelled. A small crew will be on site to maintain operations. A pastor will also be on-site to handle counseling; all other pastors are available electronically. Non-essential staff will work remotely.
- Weekday ministries are transitioning to an online environment over time. Currently, Wednesday prayer meeting, and Men’s and Women’s ministries are meeting virtually. Contact your ministry leaders for updates, and please subscribe to TMC News for the latest information.
- On Saturdays the church is closed.
WORSHIP WITH US ONLINE
The church office remains open, but there are no regularly scheduled ministries at the church building. Over the next few weeks, we will be migrating our ministries to an online environment. Sunday services will be streamed live, but we will not allow access to the building for the general congregation. Join us at on our livestream page or on our YouTube channel at 10:00am and 5:00pm Sundays.
Our Wednesday Prayer Meeting will also be online. You can join us at 6:00pm tonight and each Wednesday. To participate, connect using a method below:
- Audio only: Dial 312.626.6799; use webinar ID #472-706-349
- Audio & video: go to our YouTube channel at 6:00pm to see the live video
- Email prayer requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
All of our mid-week programming held at the church is cancelled; however, the Men’s Ministry will be moving both Thursday’s Overcomer study and Saturday’s Men’s Praise & Prayer online. You can find out more on the Men’s Ministry website.
UPDATE ON OUR PASTORAL SEARCH PROCESS
As you know, the Elders of The Moody Church have called a special meeting of the membership on Sunday March 29 to vote on the candidate for the position of Senior Pastor. We are working on how we will handle this meeting online and we will be getting that information out to you soon as possible.
The candidate will be reviewed by the Leadership Council and Deaconesses on Friday March 27, and if approved, will be passed along for final vote by the membership on March 29.
All members of The Moody Church are requested to attend this meeting online. Our current plan is that the candidate will preach in the live-streamed morning service at 10:00am. A virtual meeting for members only will follow the morning service.
We are praying that the Lord will provide an electronic way for us to continue this process in the midst of the COVID-19 limitations. Please continue to pray with us. For info, please visit our Pastoral Search page.
OUR PRAYER FOR OUR CHURCH FAMILY
We are so grateful that through this difficult time, we can continue to pray together, worship together, and encourage each other. Praise the Lord that He has provided the technology to allow us to stream our services so that even while apart we can still gather to worship Him. Let’s continue to hold fast to the Lord and His Word, refusing to give in to fear. We want to remind you of Isaiah 26:3-4:
You keep him in perfect peace
whose mind is stayed on you,
because he trusts in you.
Trust in the Lord forever,
for the Lord God is an everlasting rock.
We are praying for you, and covet your prayers for us as well.