Moody Church Family:
Our Heavenly Father is still in control! These are difficult times with the spread of the coronavirus but God’s people should be known by their love, not by fear. So, keep your eyes fixed on Jesus and let’s live out our faith in the Sovereign Lord of Creation!
Out of concern for the most vulnerable among us, and in deference to our elected leaders, the Elders have made the following changes to our ministry schedule for this week. We will keep you informed of future changes as soon as they are made via our website and TMC News.
- We are strongly encouraging everyone to stay home this Sunday and worship with us online. We will livestream our morning service on our website and on our YouTube channel. Our Pastor Emeritus, Erwin Lutzer, will preach on What To Do When You Don’t Know What To Do from 2 Chronicles 20:12. The Sunday Night Service is cancelled this week, but we will meet on March 22.
- TMC Kids programming is cancelled on Sunday.
- All Communities and classes (including Pre-Marital, Equipping, and Financial Peace classes) are cancelled this Sunday.
- All scheduled Missions Week programming and events are cancelled (both mid-week and on Sundays).
- Giving: we encourage you to shift your giving online this Sunday, or mail your checks to the church. Our ongoing ministries and staff are reliant upon your generosity, particularly during these times. Online giving is easy by clicking here.
- All mid-week programming is cancelled, including AWANA, Wednesday prayer meeting, Parenting Class, and Precepts.
Let’s remember to be a witness for Jesus, the Prince of Peace, during this difficult time in our city. The Church has been the hands and feet of Jesus during challenging times throughout history. We have an opportunity to be reflections of Jesus’ peace to a society that is uncertain and fearful. Pray for the sick and medical personnel, check in and offer to help those at risk, share the gospel, and take this unique opportunity to love and serve those around you.