Hello Chorus Parents!
The Children’s Chorus had a great first rehearsal on Wednesday – it’s going to be a great year!
A couple things to keep in mind in the coming weeks:
Christmas musical tryouts begin this Wednesday
- We will be auditioning children in grades 3-5 for the speaking and singing roles in this year’s musical. This process usually takes about 2 weeks, so if your child does not get a chance to audition this week, please let them know that they will get a chance on September 26! Click here to download the tryout pages. Each Child will also sing a portion of Ain’ a That Good News and Gracious Spirit Dwell With Me, both songs were performed on Mother’s Day this year. If your child was not with us this year, they can sing a portion of Jesus Loves Me, Amazing Grace, or another song that is familiar to them. I just want to hear each child’s singing voice as we get the year started.
Parent Handbooks Available
- We have copies of the Parent Handbook at the welcome table, don’t forget to pick up a copy! You can also download it here.
- Just a reminder that children can be dropped off beginning at 5:15pm. If you arrive before 5:15, please stay with your child until that time.
- There are two steps to checking-in and they can be completed in any order.
1. Print name tag from the touch-screen kiosk
2. Get checked-off at the welcome table
- Our welcome table volunteers leave at 5:45, so if you happen to be late, please walk your child to their rehearsal room after printing your name tag from the kiosk. Grades 1-2 rehearsal downstairs in Kappeler and grades 3–5 rehearse in the choir room.