We just finished our first month of Children’s Chorus – hard to believe, isn’t it? We’ve been having a great time meeting new friends, learning new songs, and talking about God together. I hope your kids are enjoying it as much as I am! 😊
There’s a lot going on for the choir as we prepare for the Christmas Musical!
- Cast List – We’ve decided on the characters for the Christmas Musical! It’s uploaded to the Christmas Musical Page! Page 1 is a list of characters and page 2 has the description of the role and expectations for extra rehearsals and costumes. Please note that speaking roles will require extra rehearsals on Saturdays and Sundays. If your child has a large speaking role and you find that they would miss more than 2 of these extra rehearsals (in italics), that will make it very hard for them to be prepared for their role. If you know it will be difficult for your child to attend these required rehearsals, we will either work out a plan or we may need to ask another child to play the role.
- Listening CD – If you haven’t checked-out a listening CD yet, please do that next week! Listening to the musical outside of rehearsal is a HUGE help to us as we learn the music. We ask for a $10 deposit which will be returned to you when you check the CD back in. If you would like a digital version of the listening CD, please let me know or fill out or form on the parent page.
- Listening Homework – This week, please try to listen to the first 4 songs of the musical 3 times each.
- Costume List – I will be producing a full list of costume requirements for each character. I plan to have this ready by our rehearsal on Saturday, October 13. I will include resources for purchasing, gathering, or making your child’s costume. Some children should expect to purchase or assemble matching costumes. Necessary set and character props will be purchased by the Children’s Chorus.
- Saturday Rehearsal – Please plan to come to our choreography rehearsal on Saturday, October 13 from 9-11am. Feel free to send water and a light snack along with your child.
Don’t forget to check out our Christmas Musical Page. All this information and more is available there for quick access.
We were talking yesterday about what a privilege it is to share this wonderfully true story with all of our friends and family. I know it will require a lot of time and effort and I am so thankful for all of your help and support!
I think it’s appropriate to wish you all a Merry Christmas! 😉