Veritas Canoe Trip 2021
Friday August 20 – Sunday August 22
This August, Veritas will be heading up to The Expeditions Unlimited wilderness area near Baraboo Wisconsin for a weekend of camping and canoeing. (NOTE: we will now be staying in cabins rather then tent camping.)
Expeditions Unlimited is the ministry we worked with before during our white water rafting trip and ski trip. They exist to impact the lives of youth and adults through the use of God’s creation and outdoor adventure experience; focusing on partnering with groups to point people to Christ. We are so excited to partner with their guides and staff for this weekend.
The cost for this trip is $120/person and includes camping gear, canoe gear, five meals, two snacks, and adventure guides for the weekend. Activities for additional cost include paintball, high ropes, and warrior challenge course.
See below for the schedule and a packing list. Click the button to register!
- Carpool up to Expeditions Property and arrive around 7pm.
- Enjoy all that camping has to offer (campfire, hiking, start, nature, etc.)
- Breakfast at campsite
- Carpool down to Canoe put-in site
- Canoe down the river
- Break for lunch and swimming on a sandbar
- Canoe the rest of the river
- Carpool back to campsite
- Dinner at campsite
- Restful evening at campsite or hiking at Devils Lake
- Breakfast and devotion at campsite
- Activities (hiking, paintball, high ropes, warrior course, etc.)
- Lunch at campsite
- Break camp and be gone by 1pm
- Carpool back to Chicago
- Bible, notepad and pen
- Sleeping bag and pillow (tents will be provided)
- Sleeping pad
- Sweatshirt/fleece jacket/coat
- 2-3 changes of clothes (shorts, pants, t-shirts)
- Long pants/longer shorts if rock climbing
- One piece bathing suit
- Shoes for indoor activities
- Gym shoes/hiking shoes for challenge course/ rock climbing
- Sleeping attire
- Toiletries: soap, shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrush, hairbrush, lip balm, etc.
- Water bottle
- Bug spray
- Water shoes or strap sandals