Directions to the Church
The Moody Church is located at 1635 N. LaSalle Street, near the Chicago History Museum. Sometimes visitors mistakenly end up at the Moody Bible Institute, which is a mile south of the church on LaSalle Boulevard.
If you are taking a cab, people have found it best to ask the driver to drop them at “The Moody Church at the corner of Clark Street and North Avenue.”
- From the North:Take Lake Shore Drive South. Exit at LaSalle Street/North Avenue; keep right curving round Lincoln Park. At second traffic light (Clark Street) turn left. Church is adjacent to the BP and Shell gas stations.
- From the Northwest:Take Kennedy (90/94) East. North Avenue East. Continue approximately 2 miles to LaSalle Street. Church is adjacent to the BP and Shell gas stations. Main Church entrance is on Clark Street.
- From the West:Take Eisenhower (290) East. Follow signs to Lake Shore Drive North. Exit LaSalle/North Avenue; turn left at first traffic light (LaSalle). At third traffic light (Clark Street) turn left. Church is adjacent to the BP and Shell gas stations.
- From the South:Take Dan Ryan (90/94) West. Follow signs to Lake Shore Drive North. Exit LaSalle Street/North Avenue; turn left at first traffic light (LaSalle). At third traffic light (Clark Street) turn left. Church is adjacent to the BP and Shell gas stations.
- From the Southwest:Take Stevenson (55) North. Follow signs to Lake Shore Drive North. Exit LaSalle/North Avenue; turn left at first traffic light (LaSalle). At third traffic light (Clark Street) turn left. Church is adjacent to the BP and Shell gas stations.
Free Parking: Information
We offer FREE PARKING to those who attend our regular services. Use the map below to preview our parking lot locations and hours of operation. Or, when you pull up to either of our main entrances, a member of our parking team will be happy to help you locate a parking space.
Parking validations are available in the main lobbies following the services. You must bring the ticket with you to receive validation.
Click on a parking icon below to learn more about where to park.
The Moody Church North & LaSalle Lot
Location: Northwest corner of North & LaSalle
Sunday Mornings: Available to first-time visitors and handicapped (displaying handicapped license plate or placard). Self-park; staffed by a parking host.
Sunday Afternoons, Weekdays & Saturdays: Available for church events. Staffed by a parking host for larger events; otherwise, use the call box to gain access. Please observe reserved spaces and restrictions.
Chicago History Museum Garage
Location: 1730 N Stockton
Sundays only until exactly 1:00pm. Available to anyone. Requires validation; present your ticket in the church lobbies to pick up a payment voucher. You must exit before 1:00pm; a moment after 1:00pm, you will be required to pay full price from entry time to time of exit and your voucher will be wasted.
Piper’s Alley Self-Park
Location: 230 W North
Please note the time limitations for Piper’s Alley. If you plan to stay longer than the maximum time allowed, please move your car to the West Lot. If you stay beyond the 4- or 6-hour limit, you will be required to pay for your parking.
Sundays: Available to church attenders past 1:00pm. Validation available upon presentation of your ticket at a Parking Kiosk in the church lobby (6-hour limit).
Weekdays & Saturdays: Serves as overflow parking. Validation available on an as-needed basis from greeters stationed at open building entrances (4-hour limit).
North Park Lot
This lot is no longer available for Moody Church parking use.
Location: 1560 N Wells, next to Potbelly
Sunday only until 1:00pm: Available to anyone planning to leave by 1:00pm. Valet parking, be sure to leave your keys.
Public Transit Options
Red Line (daily, including Sundays) stops at Clark & Division, four blocks south of the church.
Brown Line (daily, including Sundays) and Purple Line (Monday-Friday only) stop at Sedgwick and North, two blocks west of the church.
CTA buses (All except the 156 offer daily service, including Sundays)
Clark Street: 22 Clark (owl service), 36 Broadway, 73 Armitage
North Avenue: 72 North or 151 Sheridan
LaSalle Street: 156 LaSalle
Divvy Bike station is available in front of the Chicago History Museum on Clark Street.
Visit www.transitchicago.com or call 312.836.7000 for more information.