We are a wonderfully diverse group of couples in our 50s and 60s who study God’s Word, pray together, and enjoy fellowship with one another.
During the COVID-19 restrictions, we are meeting via Zoom. We invite you to join us and experience the warm welcome that The Next Chapter provides!
Click here to join the Zoom meeting (it will ask you to download Zoom if you haven’t already done so). If you would prefer to dial in, the number is 312.626.6799. The meeting ID is 413-455-126.
Leadership: Steve and Connie Giere
Next Chapter Phase 2 Reopening
Next Chapter Community Returns to The Moody Church
Sunday July 19, 8:00 – 9:00 a.m. in Clarkview (Room 107/108)
Thank you to everyone who responded to the Next Chapter survey on returning to in-person gatherings. 63% of those who responded indicated they are willing to return to Next Chapter in person, while adhering to the State and City COVID-19 Phase 4 Guidelines. The Next Chapter leadership team reviewed the results and reached agreement that we will participate in the pilot while continuing with the Zoom component for those who wish to continue with Zoom for a while longer.
Below are full details on returning to in-person gatherings. Feel free to contact Steve and Connie Giere at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
No more than 50 people can attend at one time, and everyone must be pre-registered. Registration will be on a first-come, first-served basis. We will also be practicing six-foot social distancing at all times, and masks will be required for entry. Obviously we ask you to be safe and to not come if you’re sick — anyone who shows signs of illness will not be allowed into the building. Along with that, if you’re in a high-risk category, please carefully consider whether you should attend.
Update: we need to abide by the city’s Emergency Travel Order, which requires a 14-day self-quarantine for those returning to the city from a COVID-19 hot spot. Anyone who has been in one of the listed states won’t be able to enter the church building until that 14-day quarantine has passed. We have updated the registration form to reflect this new requirement. The list of affected states (updated every Tuesday) is here.
Read over the guidelines and register below.
- Please be safe and don’t come if you show any signs of sickness.
- Only those who are preregistered will be allowed into the building.
- Everyone must always adhere to the six-foot social distancing guideline, and masks must be worn at all times. You won’t be allowed into the building without a mask.
- Parking will be in the West Lot (Walgreens) and Piper’s Alley.
- We’ll enter at 1635 N LaSalle starting at 7:40 a.m.. There will be tape marking six-foot separations at the entrance.
- The common areas, including the kitchens, will be closed. There will be no shared food or drink, and the water fountains will be turned off.
- Restrooms will only be available for urgent use, and only three people should be in the bathroom at one time.
- We will not be permitted to enter the Sanctuary for the worship service, or to live stream the service in Clarkview.
- After class we will exit promptly via the Clark Street exit.