Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. (Mark 28:19)
The mission of Operation Christmas Child (OCC) is to share the Good News of Jesus Christ and to provide God’s love in a tangible way to children in need. Since 1993 children in more than 150 countries, many in unreached people groups, have received an OCC shoebox. The project not only delivers a tangible expression of God’s love, but the joy of what is, for many kids, their first gift ever. Volunteers from local churches around the world partner with OCC to present the Gospel of Jesus Christ at festive outreach events where children are surprised with these shoebox gifts. After a child receives their shoebox gift, they are invited to participate in a twelve-lesson discipleship program that includes Bible stories and Scripture memorization. Since 2009 over 23 million children have enrolled in the discipleship program.
Leadership: Roxana Thisse
- Pick-up a pre-printed box at the church that you will then drop off during collections week. Visit HERE (insert link once page is built) or HERE for a list of suggested items and list of items that are not permitted!
- Build a Shoebox Online by visiting our TMC Build a Shoebox Page (insert hyperlink once page goes live; waiting for OCC’s approval). For a $25 donation, OCC will fill a shoebox for you with the items you select and will ship it to a child. You can personalize your gift by uploading a photo of yourself and writing a note to the child who will receive it.
- PRAY! Pray for the child who will receive your box. Ask the Lord to use your shoebox gift to bring that child to saving faith in Christ.
- Track your shoebox! For an additional $9 donation you can find out where your shoebox is sent. Visit Follow Your Box for more information.
- Snap pictures of yourself filling your box and post them on social media, inviting others to join you in sharing Christ’s love. Don’t forget to tag TMC in your posts!
Contact Roxana Thisse, Hope for Kids Coordinator, with any questions: email@example.com