Welcome Back to The Moody Church, Veritas!
As we move into fall, Veritas is moving inside! We’re excited to continue meeting at this church for this fall. It’s a blessing but also a heavy responsibility to do things well, following all the church and city guidelines for groups. We want to do everything we can to keep everyone safe and healthy while being able to meet in person.
One of the requirements is that no more than 50 people can attend at one time, and everyone must be pre-registered. We will also be practicing six-foot social distancing at all times, and masks will be required for entry. Obviously we ask you to be safe and to not come if you’re sick — anyone who shows signs of illness will not be allowed into the building. Along with that, if you’re in a high-risk category, please carefully consider whether you should attend.
We also need to abide by the city’s Emergency Travel Order, which requires a 14-day self-quarantine for those returning to the city from a COVID-19 hot spot. Anyone who has been in one of the listed states won’t be able to enter the church building until that 14-day quarantine has passed. The list of affected states (updated every Tuesday) is here.
We will take registrations for two weeks at a time for both our Thursday and Sunday meetings. Please read over the guidelines below.
- sign up by 6:00pm Tuesday to attend that Thursday at 6:30pm
- sign up by 11:00am Friday to attend that Sunday at 2:30pm
- Please be safe and don’t come if you show any signs of sickness.
- Only those who are preregistered will be allowed into the building.
- Everyone must always adhere to the six-foot social distancing guideline, and masks must be worn at all times. You won’t be allowed into the building without a mask.
- Parking will be in the West Lot, and if that fills up, in Piper’s Alley. The Lincoln Park lot will not be available.
- We can enter 20 minutes before our scheduled class start (6:10pm Thursdays or 2:10pm Sundays) at the 1635 N LaSalle entrance. There will be tape marking six-foot separations at the entrance; if a line forms, please be sure not to block the BP or Shell driveways.
- The common areas, including the kitchens, will be closed. There will be no shared food or drink, and the water fountains will be turned off.
- Restrooms will be open if needed, though preferably only for limited use. Only three people should be in the bathrooms at one time.
- After class we’ll need to exit promptly via the Clark Street exit, while maintaining our social distancing.