Join Your Sisters at Church
We are excited to announce that Sisters in Christ is participating in the church’s Phase 2 reopening. It’s a blessing but also a heavy responsibility to do things well, following all the church and city guidelines for groups. We want to do everything we can to keep everyone safe and healthy while being able to meet in person.
The registration maximum for class is 20 women, and everyone must be pre-registered. You can sign up for two weeks at a time. Registration will be first-come, first-served, and the registration deadline is noon on Friday for that Sunday (so noon on Friday 10/30 to attend Sunday 11/1). We will also be practicing six-foot social distancing at all times, and masks will be required for entry. Obviously we ask you to be safe and to not come if you’re sick — anyone who shows signs of illness will not be allowed into the building. Along with that, if you’re in a high-risk category, please carefully consider whether you should attend.
UPDATE: As of Sunday November 22, we’ll be back in “our” Room 303! Everything else stays the same; only our location will change.
We also need to abide by the city’s Emergency Travel Order, which requires a 14-day self-quarantine for those returning to the city from a COVID-19 hot spot. Anyone who has been in one of the listed states won’t be able to enter the church building until that 14-day quarantine has passed. The list of affected states (updated every Tuesday) is here.
Read over the guidelines and sign up below!
- Please be safe and don’t come if you’re sick.
- Only those who are preregistered will be allowed into the building.
- Everyone must always adhere to the six-foot social distancing guideline, and masks must be worn at all times. You won’t be allowed into the building without a mask.
- Parking will be in the West Lot and Piper’s Alley.
- We’ll enter at 1635 N LaSalle starting at 8:10am. There will be tape marking six-foot separations at the entrance; if a line forms, please be sure not to block the BP or Shell driveways.
- The common areas, including the kitchens, will be closed. There will be no shared food or drink, and the water fountains will be turned off.
- The 3rd floor restrooms will be available for use; only three women should be in the bathroom at one time.
- When the service ends we’ll need to exit promptly via the Clark Street exit, while maintaining our social distancing.