Fusion's Phase 2 Reopening
We are excited to announce that Fusion will be participating in the church’s Phase 2 reopening for the Communities. It’s a blessing but also a heavy responsibility to do things well, following all the church and city guidelines for groups. We want to do everything we can to keep everyone safe and healthy while being able to meet in person.
One of the requirements is that no more than 50 people can attend a class at one time, and everyone must be pre-registered. We will also be practicing six-foot social distancing at all times, and masks will be required for entry. Obviously we ask you to be safe and to not come if you’re sick — anyone who shows signs of illness will not be allowed into the building. Along with that, if you’re in a high-risk category, please carefully consider whether you should attend. Our plan is to stream the class time live on Facebook so that our Fusion family can continue to participate even if they aren’t in the building.
We will take registrations a month at a time, and send reminders each week for the following Sunday. The deadline is 11am Friday for that Sunday (so sign up Friday 7/24 to come Sunday 7/26). Please read over the guidelines below, and if you will agree to abide by them and want to sign up, please do!
Update: we need to abide by the city’s Emergency Travel Order, which requires a 14-day self-quarantine for those returning to the city from a COVID-19 hot spot. Anyone who has been in one of the listed states won’t be able to enter the church building until that 14-day quarantine has passed. We have updated the registration form to reflect this new requirement. The list of affected states (updated every Tuesday) is here.
- Please be safe and don’t come if you show any signs of sickness.
- Only those who are preregistered will be allowed into the building. Again, sign up by 11am Friday to come that Sunday.
- Everyone must always adhere to the six-foot social distancing guideline, and masks must be worn at all times. You won’t be allowed into the building without a mask.
- Children are welcome, but there won’t be any childcare, and your kids must stay with you at all times.
- Parking will be in the West Lot and Piper’s Alley. The Lincoln Park lot will not be available.
- We’ll enter at 1635 N LaSalle after 12:10pm. There will be tape marking six-foot separations at the entrance; if a line forms, please be sure not to block the BP or Shell driveways.
- The common areas, including the kitchens, will be closed. There will be no shared food or drink, and the water fountains will be turned off.
- Restrooms will be open if needed, though preferably only for limited use. Only one person should be in the Sankey bathrooms at one time.
- After class we’ll need to exit promptly via the Clark Street exit, while maintaining our social distancing.