Join Fusion at The Moody Church
We love being able to meet together in Fusion! It’s a blessing but also a heavy responsibility to do things well, following all the church and city guidelines for groups. We want to do everything we can to keep everyone safe and healthy while being able to meet in person.
Registration is limited due to room size, and is first-come, first served. We practice six-foot social distancing at all times, and masks are required for entry. Obviously we ask you to be safe and to not come if you’re sick — anyone who shows signs of illness will not be allowed into the building. Along with that, if you’re in a high-risk category, please carefully consider whether you should attend. We stream our class time live on Facebook so that our Fusion family can continue to participate even if they aren’t in the building.
We also need to abide by the city’s Emergency Travel Order, which requires a 14-day self-quarantine for those returning to the city from a COVID-19 hot spot. Anyone who has been in one of the listed states won’t be able to enter the church building until that 14-day quarantine has passed. The list of affected states (updated every Tuesday) is here.
UPDATE: beginning November 22, we will be meeting in Room 307 while Sankey Hall is being renovated. We open up at 9:30am for those joining us for the worship service. After the service we take a break for lunch and fellowship, then start class at 12:30pm. When you sign up, let us know whether you’ll be joining us for the morning service plus Fusion, or just coming to class.
We know that concern is running high due to the increased COVID cases in Chicago. We continue to abide by all advised guidelines, including masks requirements and the six-foot distancing. For those who eat in the room between the service and Fusion, we’ll stay very diligent with our physical distance and follow the “mask off to eat, but always on to talk” rule.
You can register for two weeks at a time. The deadline is noon Friday for that Sunday (so sign up Friday 12/11 to come Sunday 12/13). You can find the guidelines and the registration form below.
- Please be safe and don’t come if you show any signs of sickness.
- Sign up by noon Friday to come that Sunday.
- Everyone must always adhere to the six-foot social distancing guideline, and masks must be worn at all times. You won’t be allowed into the building without a mask.
- For those who eat in the room between the service and Fusion, we’ll stay very diligent with our physical distance and follow the “mask off to eat, but always on to talk” rule.
- Parking will be in the West Lot and Piper’s Alley. The Lincoln Park lot is not available.
- Enter and check in at 1635 N LaSalle starting at 9:30am for the service, or 12:00pm for class. There will be tape marking six-foot separations at the entrance; if a line forms, please be sure not to block the BP or Shell driveways.
- The common areas, including the kitchens, will be closed. There will be no food or drink, and the water fountains will be turned off.
- Restrooms will be open, but preferably only for limited use. No more than three people should be in the bathrooms at one time.
- After class we’ll need to exit promptly via the Clark Street exit while maintaining social distancing.