Fall 2020 Registration
This fall we are offering three courses, two of which are brand new. All three will meet onsite on Sundays, and one via Zoom on Thursday evenings. Our goal and prayer is that these classes will enrich our lives and our walk with the Lord as we focus not on our circumstances but on the God who is sovereign over them.
Registration has closed for two courses (Grasping God’s Word and The Church and Our Place in It), but is still open for God’s Mission for the Church. You can find the details and registration link for God’s Mission for the Church below.
- Our onsite courses will adhere to strict max attendance and physical distancing guidelines.
- Pre-registration will be required, and each course will have registration limits.
- Please be safe and don’t come if you show any signs of sickness.
- Everyone must adhere to the six-foot social distancing guideline, and masks must be worn at all times. No one will be allowed into the building without a mask.
- Parking will be in the West Lot and Piper’s Alley. The Lincoln Park lot will not be available. You can enter at 1635 N LaSalle beginning 30 minutes before your class is scheduled to begin.
- The common areas, including the kitchens, will be closed. There will be no shared food or drink, and the water fountains will be turned off.
- Restrooms will be open if needed, though preferably only for limited use.
- After class each week everyone should exit promptly via the Clark Street exit, while maintaining social distance. We will not be able to stay in the building during the church services.
- We need to abide by the city’s Emergency Travel Order, which requires a 14-day self-quarantine for those returning to the city from a COVID-19 hot spot. Anyone who has been in one of the listed states can’t enter the church building until that 14-day quarantine has passed. The list of affected states (updated every Tuesday) is here.
God's Mission for the Church
Sundays October 11 – December 13, 4:00 – 5:00pm in Sankey Hall
Taught by Pastor Kirk Baker
Scripture is filled with statements about God’s mission. He wants the good news of the gospel to go forth “into all the earth.” But how do we participate in that mission? That’s not just the duty of overseas missionaries—it’s for each member of the Body. This brand-new course will look at the mission of God, our role and participation in it, and how we can remain faithful to it even in this difficult season.
The $20 course fee includes the textbook and all printed course materials.