We will do our best to communicate information as quickly and comprehensively as we can. The best way to get updates is to sign up for TMC News; however, we will also post updates to this page below. If you have any questions, please use the Contact Us form at the bottom of the page.
March 24 Update
UPDATE ON CHURCH OPERATIONS
Thank you to the thousands who joined us for worship this morning and evening! What a blessing it was to connect with our church family online during this time. As we move our ministries online, we wanted to keep you posted on how we’re operating during this time in accordance with the City of Chicago ordinances.
- On Sundays the church is closed to the general congregation except for essential staff required to produce the services. Our morning and evening services are live-streamed and available on YouTube and Facebook Live.
- During the week, the church office is open (8:30am to 5pm), but all programming at the church is cancelled. A small crew will be on site to maintain operations. A pastor will also be on-site to handle counseling; all other pastors are available electronically. Non-essential staff will work remotely.
- Weekday ministries will be transitioning to an online environment over time. Currently the Wednesday prayer meeting and Men’s and Women’s ministries are meeting virtually. Contact your ministry leaders for updates on how your groups will be connecting during this time.
- On Saturdays the church is closed.
We will keep you posted on all updates throughout the week here and via TMC News.
WEDNESDAY VIRTUAL PRAYER MEETING
During this time of disruption, it’s more important than ever that we connect as a church family in prayer. In order to do so, we will be hosting our Wednesday Prayer Meeting online at 6pm. Our Elders, pastors, and ministry staff will lead us in prayer. Everyone is welcome!
To participate, connect using a method below:
- Audio only: Dial 312.626.6799 at 6pm; use webinar ID #472-706-349
- Audio & video: go to our YouTube channel at 6pm to find the live video
- Email prayer requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
UPDATE ON OUR PASTORAL SEARCH PROCESS
As you know, the Elders of The Moody Church have called a special online meeting of the membership on Sunday March 29 to vote on the candidate for the position of Senior Pastor. We are working on how we will handle this meeting online and we will be getting that information out to you soon as possible.
The candidate will be interviewed by the Leadership Council and Deaconesses on Friday March 27, and if approved, will be passed along for final vote by the membership on March 29.
All members of The Moody Church are requested to attend this meeting online. Our current plan is that the candidate will preach in the live-streamed morning service at 10:00am. A virtual meeting for members only will follow the morning service. Voting will be conducted via Survey Monkey.
If you’re not sure whether the church has a current email address for you, you can confirm your email address in Access ACS or the Church Life app, or contact the church office at 312.327.8600 or via email.
Please remember to pray with us as the Leadership Council assesses the candidate this week and prepares to vote on Friday. For info, please visit our Pastoral Search page.
As we move our worship services and ministries to an online environment, many have asked how they can continue to give during this time. There are a few options:
- Give Online: go to www.moodychurch.org/giving to give a one-time gift or to set up a recurring gift.
- Text-to-Give: text MOODY $XXX (desired amount) to 73256 and then follow the instructions.
- Mail: send your offering by mail to 1635 N LaSalle Blvd, Chicago IL, 60614.
Thank you in advance for your generosity! It’s because of your giving that we’re able to serve our congregation and our city during this time.