Hello Chorus Parents!
The Children’s Chorus had a great first rehearsal yesterday – it’s going to be a great year!
The first thing to note is that you are receiving this email because you’re on our list. If you would like to have another person added to the list, a spouse or another caretaker, please reply with their email address. The second very important item is that we have a parent page – you can access it here. Please take a moment to check it out and see what’s available there. Every email I send will be posted in the “up to date” section, the Christmas musical page will be updated regularly with the information you need, and there are a bunch of great links at the bottom of the home page. Use the Connect form at the bottom of the page to let us know if you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions!
A couple of things to keep in mind in the coming weeks:
Christmas musical tryouts begin this coming Wednesday
- We will be auditioning children in grades 3-5 for the larger speaking and singing roles in this year’s musical. This process will take 3 weeks if you know your 3rd–5th grader will be gone on the 18th , 25th or Oct. 2, please let me know and I will make sure to audition them when they are present. Though we are thinking about the musical, the audition is a time where I get to hear each child sing and read for the purpose of knowing them better and addressing the needs of the choir (Shannon Carter will do something similar for the kids in grades 1–2). So if your child does NOT want a part in the musical that is totally fine! I will ask during the audition, make a note of it, and they will still participate in the audition.
- I’ve attached a 2-page sheet that we will use for the auditions and you can download it form the Christmas musical page. Each Child will also sing a portion of a familiar song, something like “Jesus Loves Me,” “Amazing Grace,” or another song they know well.
- In order to be prepared for the musical, those with speaking roles will need to attend extra weekend rehearsals. You can find a schedule of those rehearsals on the Christmas musical page. Please make sure you are able to commit to the extra rehearsals if your child is assigned a speaking role.
- A final important thing to note about the musical is that it will be a part of the morning service on Sunday, December 22. It is a little later this year and may run into some Christmas break plans. Please make sure you know whether or not you are able to be in town so we can make the appropriate cast assignments. If you already know it won’t work for your families schedule, please let me know!
- Our parent handbook has a ton of valuable information and if you have a question, it’s likely you’ll find the answer inside. Handbooks are available at the welcome table or you will find a link to view and download a copy on the bottom of the parent page.
- A quick reminder that children can be dropped off beginning at 5:15pm. If you arrive before 5:15, please stay with your child until that time.
- There are two steps to checking in and they can be completed in any order. 1. Print name tag from the touch-screen kiosk 2. Get checked-off at the welcome table
- Our welcome table volunteers leave at 5:45, so if you happen to be late, please walk your child to their rehearsal room after printing your name tag from the kiosk. Grades 1-2 rehearsal downstairs in Kappeler and grades 3–5 rehearse in the choir room.
That’s all for now and I promise my emails won’t always be this long. 😉
Have a great weekend and we look forward to seeing you on Wednesday!