Are you interested in becoming a member of The Moody Church, or in simply learning more about us? Attend these three unique sessions to learn about who we are, what we do, and why we do it, and to meet several of our ministry leaders.
You’ll be introduced to the history and beliefs of The Moody Church, our various ministries, and the many ways in which you can serve and get connected.
Leadership: Pastor Bill Bertsche
When it comes to church membership, one of the most frequent questions people ask is, “Why should I become a member of a church?” There are three reasons that we believe joining a local church is an important expression of a person’s commitment to God and to a local church body:
- Church membership is a biblical concept. New Testament believers were associated with specific local gatherings of believers, and were urged to actively participate and serve.
- Joining the membership of a church can be a defining moment of dedication in a culture which no longer values commitment.
- Church membership allows the leadership to perform their shepherding roles well.
When you join The Moody Church,
- You make a public commitment to The Moody Church family.
- You have opportunities for spiritual growth under the guidance and accountability of other church members.
- You will be challenged to use your God-given spiritual gifts to serve alongside your brothers and sisters in Christ.
- You are empowered to offer input and direction for our church.
- You become part of a family, providing stability in our rapidly changing society.
I. In order to become a member, applicants are expected to:
- Attend all sessions
- Read the Constitution and Bylaws of The Moody Church, noting any questions
- Complete and sign the membership application
- Read the Two Ways to Live book and complete the included response sheet
- Be interviewed by a member of the Leadership Council.
II. Subsequent to the completion of these five requirements, applicants’ names will be published in the bulletin for two consecutive Sundays, after which the Leadership Council will vote to accept candidates into membership.
III. Final approval of each candidate’s membership is determined by the Leadership Council, who will notify the applicant of his/her acceptance via letter.
Note: on rare occasions, it may be recommended that a candidate delay membership until he/she can meet with one of the Pastors to discuss any issue(s) of concern. In such instances, the candidate will be notified promptly.
IV. New members will be welcomed into the congregation during a Sunday morning service.
*Children are welcome to attend with their parents
*Youth ages 12-17 are eligible for youth membership after completing the above requirements.
Schedule of 2018 Seminars
Sundays July 22, 29, August 5
1 – 2:30 pm in Room 303
Sundays November 4, 11, 18
1 – 2:30 pm in Room 303