Reflections 2018 is an exhibit of visual art and literary journal presented by The Moody Church Artist Circle. It will be displayed from March-April 2018.
Submissions are now open!
These creative expressions bring a fresh addition to the worship environment of the church as our members express biblical truth with beauty and ingenuity. Guidelines for submission are available using the links below.
The deadline for submission forms is January 21.
Literary Journal first draft files are due with submission forms on January 21; see instructions in the form for how to send the drafts.
Visual art pieces are not due until February 25, however submission forms are due January 21.
Submission: Literary Journal
To submit, please adhere to the following:
- Entrants should be members or regular attenders of The Moody Church
- Prose, both fiction and creative non-fiction, should be no longer than ten pages
- Poems and song lyrics should be no longer than one page
- Excerpts of scripts should contain a summary and should be no longer than ten pages
- Excerpts of longer pieces or previously published selections will be accepted
- As we hope to include as many submissions as possible, entrants are welcome to submit multiple pieces
Once you have completed the submission form, please email your
first draft of your submission to email@example.com. Submissions should be sent as Microsoft Word documents, formatted in 12-point Times New Roman font, double-spaced, with one-inch margins.
Submission: Art Exhibit
- You may include a Scripture reference with your piece, though it is not required; a brief description of your piece (no more than 100 words) is still required.
- All forms of visual media are encouraged (painting, drawing, photography, graphic design, animation, ceramics, sculpture, crafts, concept art, etc.)
- All submissions will be reviewed by the Artist Circle Leadership Team. Art will be selected on the basis of general quality as well as sustainability for this exhibit.
- As soon as we receive your submission form, you will have a space reserved at the art show for your work. Please see the deadlines below. If artwork is not received by this deadline, your space may be opened up.
- Submission Forms will not be accepted after Sunday January 21, 2018
- Actual pieces are due to Brandon Chism at the church by Sunday February 25, 2018
Initial Informational Guidelines
- Each artist can display up to 3 pieces.
- For 2D pieces, artwork must not exceed 60” (5ft) on its longest side.
- For 3D pieces (sculptures, etc.): artwork must be under 100 lb and must not exceed 60” (5ft) on its longest side.
- All artwork must be professionally displayed. Please ensure 2D artwork is properly framed or otherwise prepared for display with no unfinished edges. Finished product must be prepared for hanging.
- Please make sure any 2D art is delivered ready to hang with a large center hook or wire.
- Pillars and/or display tables will be provided by The Moody Church Artist Circle for 3D artwork.
- Artwork location in the exhibit will be determined by the Exhibit Coordinators.